A poem
Here's a poem that my brother brought home from school today. It' s very interesting and I hope you like it!
Verse 1 : Icarus, Icarus ,
tell me why,
Why did you fly
so high in the sky,
away from the cliff tops,
and silent sea caves,
and over the restless
murmuring waves?
Icarus: I flew to be free
like the birds in the air.
I felt my wings ripple,
and shiver and flare.
I felt the breeze rush
through my curly, black hair,
as I flew,
as I flew,
through the air.
Verse 2 : Yes, you glided and swooped,
and you soared like a bird.
And your father was calling,
but you never heard.
For the beckoning sun
was golden and bright,
as you flew,
as you flew,
to the light.
Icarus : I was higher
than eagles
that ever dared fly,
when I saw feathers drifting
across the blu sky,
drifting like snow
to the waves far below.
And my father was calling,
calling, calling.
But I was already
falling, falling
Verse 3 : Icarus,
far below the green waves,
Icarus,
haunting the silent sea caves,
the sun cannot harm you
or dazzle your eyes,
as it did long ago
when you flew
through the skies,
through the burning,
blazing skies.
This poem is about a story. There was a king who did not like Icarus and his father, so he locked them up in a tower. He controlled the sea and made sure that no ships were coming to the direction of the tower. But he did not control the air. So Icarus's father made wings for him and his son. Icarus was so excited that he started flying even before his father gave him instructions to do so. I carus flew high in the sky until his feathers started dropping. He soon fell into the sea and died.
By : Nur Sabrina Bte M0hamed Yusoff
Class: 3a
Verse 1 : Icarus, Icarus ,
tell me why,
Why did you fly
so high in the sky,
away from the cliff tops,
and silent sea caves,
and over the restless
murmuring waves?
Icarus: I flew to be free
like the birds in the air.
I felt my wings ripple,
and shiver and flare.
I felt the breeze rush
through my curly, black hair,
as I flew,
as I flew,
through the air.
Verse 2 : Yes, you glided and swooped,
and you soared like a bird.
And your father was calling,
but you never heard.
For the beckoning sun
was golden and bright,
as you flew,
as you flew,
to the light.
Icarus : I was higher
than eagles
that ever dared fly,
when I saw feathers drifting
across the blu sky,
drifting like snow
to the waves far below.
And my father was calling,
calling, calling.
But I was already
falling, falling
Verse 3 : Icarus,
far below the green waves,
Icarus,
haunting the silent sea caves,
the sun cannot harm you
or dazzle your eyes,
as it did long ago
when you flew
through the skies,
through the burning,
blazing skies.
This poem is about a story. There was a king who did not like Icarus and his father, so he locked them up in a tower. He controlled the sea and made sure that no ships were coming to the direction of the tower. But he did not control the air. So Icarus's father made wings for him and his son. Icarus was so excited that he started flying even before his father gave him instructions to do so. I carus flew high in the sky until his feathers started dropping. He soon fell into the sea and died.
By : Nur Sabrina Bte M0hamed Yusoff
Class: 3a


2 Comments:
This is a very, very nice poem. I like it very much.
By
Star Blogger, at Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:24:00 pm
A nice poem indeed!
By
Star Blogger, at Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:12:00 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home